Is Ethernet needed for using Falcon 4016?
Yes, the management user interface of Falcon 4016 is run through the 1Gb management port. The management port should be connected to the network.
How do I connect Falcon 4016 to Ethernet?
The management user interface of Falcon 4016 is a GUI (graphical user interface). Falcon 4016 could be connected to the network via the RJ45 connector using a standard Ethernet cable. Then, users could access the GUI by the browser such as Google Chrome. Please ensure both Falcon 4016 and management server are in the same subnet or could be discovered.
Could I use other PCIe HBA cards or cables to connect Falcon models?
No, please use the card and cable we ship only as they are designed specifically for our composable expansion chassis.
What is the boot sequence after everything is installed?
1. Power on Falcon 4016
2. Power on connected Servers after Falcon 4016 is ready
Is Ethernet needed for using H3 Center?
Yes, the management user interface of H3 Center is run through the 1Gb management port. All the Falcon models could be accessed by this 1Gb management port.
How do I ensure the network security?
H3 Platform has adopted the third party vulnerability scanning software such as OpenVAS and Nessus. We fix the security issues based on the scan result on a regular basis and update the status on the Security Advisory page of the official website.
How do I get the Mac Address of Falcon 4016?
The MAC address is shown on the Overview page of Falcon 4016 GUI.
Could I add two HBA cards into one server host?
Yes, as long as there are enough PCIe slots on the server host.
How much power is provided in each slot?
The maximum power output for each GPU (double-width) slot is 300W. The maximum power output for each low-profile slot is 75W.
The maximum power output of each PCIe slot is 75W. In the meantime, H3 Platform provides two types of AUX power cables for the extra 225W power output (we ship with 8pin to 8pin cable). It would be sufficient for the GPUs listed on our compatibility list.
What devices are supported?
You could find them from our compatibility list.
What are the requirements for the server host?
The requirements include:
1. The server host should be x86-based.
2. The server host should run the compatible operation systems.
3. The server host should have at least one standard low-profile PCIe slot for HBA card installation.
4. The server host should set BIOS to the following:
- Above 4G Decoding - Enable
- MMIOH Base = 56TB
- MMIO High Size = 1024G
5. The server host should install the drivers for the allocated devices, and H3 Platform only supports the devices on our compatibility list.
Could I use PCIe devices that are not on the compatibility list?
Basically, Falcon 4016 supports any standard PCIe devices to be installed and distributed to the server hosts. However, H3 Platform could not ensure or guarantee no issue. H3 Platform should not be liable for the damages caused by the non-compatible devices.
What is the supported browser for the GUI of Falcon 4016?
You could use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox to access the GUI of Falcon 4016. H3 Platform suggests that you use the latest version of the supported browsers.
Could I mix different GPUs from different vendors on Falcon 4016, such as NVIDIA, AMD, etc.?
Yes, as long as those GPUs are on our compatibility list.
Is the fan speed adjustable manually?
No, the fans are not controlled manually. The fan speed is handled by the system automatically based on the system and device temperature.
What is the maximum PCIe cable length?
We ship with the 1.5-meter CDFP cable while 0.5-meter could be ordered additionally.
How many devices is support?
Falcon 4016 could install up to 16 GPUs (SIXTEEN double width x16 slots).
What chassis management CPU does Falcon use?
Falcon 4016 uses AST2500 as the chassis management CPU.
Are Aux cables needed for GPU?
Yes, the AUX cable is needed for GPU requiring more than 75W power output. H3 Platform provides two types of AUX cables, 8pin to 8pin or 8pin to 8+6/8+8pin, for different GPU models. We ship with 8pin to 8pin while 8pin to 8+6/8+8pin can be ordered additionally.
What is the warranty period?
H3 Platform offers 2-year warranty on our products. Extended warranty, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years, could be purchased separately.
What is the plug type of the power cord?
The power cord of Falcon 4016 is IEC 60320 C19/C20 inlet.
Could a rail be used?
Yes, Falcon 4016 support rail installation.
Could different GPU models be used at the same time?
Yes, different GPU models could be installed inside Falcon 4016 and used for one server host at the same time as long as they are on our compatibility list. GPU devices proved workable with Falcon 4016 could be used as if they are directly integrated into the server host. However, the situation still varies from hardware manufacturer to hardware manufacturer. For example, Nvidia CUDA driver only allows GPU under the same model name and with the same memory size to run simultaneously.
What should I do if Falcon 4016 fails to connect to a 10M/100M switch?
Falcon 4016 NIC port is compliant with IEEE 802.3an (10GBase-T) and IEEE 802.3ab (1000Base-T) standards only. This is a normal behavior and functioning as expected.
What should I do if PCI out of resource error for the server BIOS when Falcon 4016 is connected
When multiple PCIe adapters (e.g. GPU) are installed, the following errors could occur during POST, and the server host halts - PCI out of resource or Insufficient PCI Resources Detected.
To resolve the issue, please follow the following steps:
For Intel Xeon Phi Server
1. Temporarily remove the mini-SAS HD cable of Falcon 4016.
2. Update the BIOS and firmware to the latest version.
3. Disable any unused devices and Option ROMs in the BIOS.
- For onboard SATA/SAS controllers, go to Advanced > Mass Storage Controller Configuration
- For onboard NICs, go to Advanced > NIC Configuration.
4. Go to Advanced > PCI Configuration.
- Set Maximize Memory below 4 GB to Disabled
- Set Memory Mapped I/O above 4 GB to Enabled.
- Set Memory Mapped I/O Size to 512 G or higher.
5. Connect the mini-SAS HD cable of Falcon 4016 and see if the server host boots properly.
For Supermicro Xeon Phi Server
1. Temporarily remove the Mini-SAS HD cable of Falcon 4016.
2. Go to the BIOS Advanced
- Advanced->PCIe/PCI/PnP configuration-> Above 4G Decoding = Enabled
- Advanced->PCIe/PCI/PnP Configuration->MMIOH Base = 56T
- Advanced->PCIe/PCI/PnP Configuration->MMIO High Size = 512G or higher
3. Connect the Mini-SAS HD cable of Falcon 4016 and see if the server host boots properly.
Do I need to install anything on the server host?
No, no additional software is required to be installed on the server host as we simply use the device native drivers on the host OS.